Can I Get Paid If I Fall in My Own House?

No, most home owner policies cover injury to "others" meaning not the owner of the property. The idea is that you would have insurance to cover accidents by your guests, not yourself. However, if there is a danger on the property in your house that you were not aware of, such as a collapsed roof or fallen tree, you should be covered. Make sure your insurance policy covers these events. Similarly, you should be compensated if you, through no fault of your own get injured. Again, this cannot be due to the casual dangers in one's house, i.e., open pit, strong water current or the like, which you are already familiar with in your house. It has to be truly unexpected. For example, if hurricane removes the window screen and the screen hits you, you should be covered.

© 2020 Lawyer Up! Magazine. All Rights Reserved.

Website by The Visual Source